August 1, 2013
To: Community Review Panelist
From: Daniel Makins, E.D. San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council
Re: 2013-2014 San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council Sub-granting Program
Thank you for agreeing to serve on our Community Review Panel. Your input is instrumental to the success of the Cultural Affairs Council’s grant program.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) Confidentiality: The proceedings of this panel are confidential. Please don’t discuss the proceedings or the outcome with anyone outside the panel.
2) Review Period: Panelists will have one week to review and score the grant applications. Please have your scores to me no later than noon, Monday, September 16th. You may fax, e-mail or call me with your scores.
3) Written Comments: If appropriate, please make brief written comments on your score sheets. These comments should be constructive in nature i.e. suggestions for improving the next grant application, suggestions for strengthening a proposed project, etc. The grantees appreciate feedback from the community. The written comments can be turned in with your scores.
4) Wrap-up Meeting: Please plan on attending the Review Panel wrap-up meeting on Wednesday, September 18th at noon in the SACAC office. The Cultural Affairs Council will provide lunch and we will go over the scores and finalize the panel’s recommendations. Please RSVP to me no later than Monday, September 16th.
5) Please keep the following in mind when you are scoring the applications:
We will be looking at estimated impact on tourism closely, so score accordingly.
“Brick and mortar” projects may be phased out in the future but currently are still eligible.
In-kind funding is no longer an acceptable match for grant awards.
All applications have been checked for financial eligibility requirements prior to your review.
6) Contact Information: Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
* SACAC Office: (325) 653-6793
* SACAC fax (325) 658-6036
* e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org